Nomadic Motorhomers
Welcome to our site

Please Log In

*****Please note registration is by invite only*****

If you are not a member but have been invited then please register, we will then receive a notification to enable your registration. An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted.

Nomadic Motorhomers

This is a website for Motorhome and RV owners that like to be happy and contented. It is by invite only. If you feel you would like to join then why not attend one of our meets, where you'll be made very welcome.
 
HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
*** Welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the forum for like minded smiling people. You do not have to take an active part in the forum but we would like your input if you are able to help another member in any way *** *** We arrange meets for members you can choose to join in to the current activity/gathering or keep to your self, the choice is yours we appreciate and accept it is your choice, but you will always be made welcome *** *** The Motorhoming website run by it's members for it's members *** *** Hello and welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the website for Motorhome and RV members, a site run by the members for the members *** *** Have a look at our meets section and see if one suits you, we will be glad to see old members and new ***
Meets
Weather

This Weather Widget is provided by the Met Office

Map
Sport
BBC News
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Nomadic Motorhomers on your social bookmarking website
Poll

Share | 
 

 Screen layout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CPW2007

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 65
Location : Near Rugby

PostSubject: Screen layout   Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:04 am

Hmmm,

Not sure if it's my settings or something else! Every time I select to post a new topic, or answer a topic, I get a screen layout as per the attached screenprint. I have to "pull" the screen back over to the left so that I can then enter text into this box!! Rolling Eyes Question Any ideas anyone????

Ah - how do I attach a file/screenprint/picture etc??? (Afternote: Doh!! Should have looked in the FAQ first!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )


Last edited by CPW2007 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add the afternote and become a pillock!! LOL!!)
Back to top Go down
Mangothemadmonk



Posts : 187
Join date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:48 am

You pillock Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Only kidding bud. I have to get rid of all my bookmarks on the left to view all the screen so dont worry about it bud Thumb up

Monk
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:54 pm

I am able to see everything OK even on my iphone 4 so if anyone can help please do Help Thanks Thumb up
Back to top Go down
CPW2007

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 65
Location : Near Rugby

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:03 am

Ok, so let's see if I have got the hang of this trying to post an image or whatever!! (Afternote: Nope Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )

Aha!! Now I get a message banner saying that new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days!! Grrrrr!!! All I wanted to do was show the screenprint of what I get when I post a topic or reply!! Rolling Eyes Mad Mad

Edit: So I have now taken out the flippin URL link to the image that I uploaded to servimg.com that I registered with before in order to do this!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad


Last edited by CPW2007 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Losing my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:27 am

CPW2007 wrote:
Ok, so let's see if I have got the hang of this trying to post an image or whatever!! (Afternote: Nope Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )

Aha!! Now I get a message banner saying that new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days!! Grrrrr!!! All I wanted to do was show the screenprint of what I get when I post a topic or reply!! Rolling Eyes Mad Mad

Edit: So I have now taken out the flippin URL link to the image that I uploaded to servimg.com that I registered with before in order to do this!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Chris
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Send me the details and what you are after and I will try for you. The new member 7 day is a security issue and I would like to leave it in place. You will be fine soon (providing that is the 7 days do not start again since going .net lol! )

Steve
Back to top Go down
Mangothemadmonk



Posts : 187
Join date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:40 am

sandj wrote:
The new member 7 day is a security issue and I would like to leave it in place.

Can we not get shut Steve? After all we are not technically new members are we??

Monk
Back to top Go down
CPW2007

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 65
Location : Near Rugby

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:34 am

sandj wrote:
CPW2007 wrote:
Ok, so let's see if I have got the hang of this trying to post an image or whatever!! (Afternote: Nope Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )

Aha!! Now I get a message banner saying that new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days!! Grrrrr!!! All I wanted to do was show the screenprint of what I get when I post a topic or reply!! Rolling Eyes Mad Mad

Edit: So I have now taken out the flippin URL link to the image that I uploaded to servimg.com that I registered with before in order to do this!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Chris
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Send me the details and what you are after and I will try for you. The new member 7 day is a security issue and I would like to leave it in place. You will be fine soon (providing that is the 7 days do not start again since going .net lol! )

Steve

Steve,

It's not that much of a problem (although I support Johnny's view of can we dump it now Thumb up ) now that I know about it but it might be an idea to put a warning in for new members (unless I missed it somewhere!!). I also think that if you are going to retain the "new member 7 day", it might be better to reduce the number of days if it's possible?"

P.S. Do I get a prize for using the "Edit" button the most since joining??? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed



Last edited by CPW2007 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To remove some text that I forgot to delete before)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:04 pm

CPW2007 wrote:


Steve,

It's not that much of a problem (although I support Johnny's view of can we dump it now Thumb up ) now that I know about it but it might be an idea to put a warning in for new members (unless I missed it somewhere!!). I also think that if you are going to retain the "new member 7 day", it might be better to reduce the number of days if it's possible?"

P.S. Do I get a prize for using the "Edit" button the most since joining??? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed


I can see your point Chris and I will put it to the vote as it is something I believe needs some thought. Could I ask you to be patient this time (I am sure there will be another time as well Embarassed Embarassed ) and we will see how the vote transpires. Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadicmotorhomers.net
CPW2007

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 65
Location : Near Rugby

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:23 pm

No problem Steve, patience used to be my middle name until I got married!! (Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!).

Note to oneself - must cover monitor and me in big black cloth so other half can't see what I'm typing!! affraid affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
CPW2007

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 65
Location : Near Rugby

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:48 am

CPW2007 wrote:
Hmmm,

Not sure if it's my settings or something else! Every time I select to post a new topic, or answer a topic, I get a screen layout as per the attached screenprint. I have to "pull" the screen back over to the left so that I can then enter text into this box!! Rolling Eyes Question Any ideas anyone????

Ah - how do I attach a file/screenprint/picture etc??? (Afternote: Doh!! Should have looked in the FAQ first!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )

Now let's see if I can attach the screenprint:

Eureka!!!! Or sommat like that!! Now that screenprint shows what my screen view becomes when I elect to either answer a topic or start a new one!! Any ideas anyone?? scratch scratch


Last edited by CPW2007 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mucking about with trying to insert the image!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:27 am

No idea Chris except your desktop settings I have put site width as low as I can (I think Laughing )

It may help the knowledgeable if you can say

Screen size =

Resolution = X

and whatever more you can


_________________
If I can help you then please let me know, but please be aware I am new to this and I also have a proper job. Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadicmotorhomers.net
CPW2007

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 65
Location : Near Rugby

PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:34 am

Admin wrote:
No idea Chris except your desktop settings I have put site width as low as I can (I think Laughing )

It may help the knowledgeable if you can say

Screen size =

Resolution = X

and whatever more you can


Thanks Steve, I'm pretty sure that it is nothing to do with the desktop settings or anything at my end. I have experimented with resolution, desktop settings etc and nothing has helped. I do not get this with any other forum that I go on, even one that I believe has a similar set up to this forum?? I'll keep delving in the meantime Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:13 am

Hi Chris

Have you tried another web browser?

It seems as if it is a tab in a tab.

Ask the knowledgeable an facts or fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Screen layout   

Back to top Go down
 
Screen layout
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» how do i change the color of my screen name????
» Decal Placement?
» Staged Screenshots
» JP comes to life-A Truggy Build
» Elm Fork Athletic Complex

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomadic Motorhomers :: How to and Help on Forum :: Help-
Jump to: