Nomadic Motorhomers
Welcome to our site

Please Log In

*****Please note registration is by invite only*****

If you are not a member but have been invited then please register, we will then receive a notification to enable your registration. An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted.
Nomadic Motorhomers
Welcome to our site

Please Log In

*****Please note registration is by invite only*****

If you are not a member but have been invited then please register, we will then receive a notification to enable your registration. An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted.
Nomadic Motorhomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomadic Motorhomers

This is a website for Motorhome and RV owners that like to be happy and contented. It is by invite only. If you feel you would like to join then why not attend one of our meets, where you'll be made very welcome.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the forum for like minded smiling people. You do not have to take an active part in the forum but we would like your input if you are able to help another member in any way *** *** We arrange meets for members you can choose to join in to the current activity/gathering or keep to your self, the choice is yours we appreciate and accept it is your choice, but you will always be made welcome *** *** The Motorhoming website run by it's members for it's members *** *** Hello and welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the website for Motorhome and RV members, a site run by the members for the members *** *** Have a look at our meets section and see if one suits you, we will be glad to see old members and new ***
Meets
Weather

This Weather Widget is provided by the Met Office

Map
Sport
BBC News
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Nomadic Motorhomers on your social bookmarking website
Poll

Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012

Go down 
+2
Greenie
Mangothemadmonk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mangothemadmonk

Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:16 am

Me, Dave and the girls are in the process of planning a trip to France next June for two weeks.

We have decided that we will do the long sail down to the top of Spain landing at either Santander or Bilbao. We fancy the boat trip and to make it part of the hols. It will give me n Dave a rest with the driving as the last two times we travelled to the south of France it was just too far for only two weeks.

We plan to travel every other day, getting up early and travelling half a day or so and seeing how we get on.

We both have a few friends dotted around the WESTERN regions of France so will drop in and see them on the way up.

As we are staying on the WESTERN side any aires, sites, passion sites that we should/shouldn't stop at will be gratefully received.

Dave says I should get an ACSI 2012 card. Are they worth it? Will I get my moneys worth out of it?

The French Passion sites. Is it worth joining?

Dave is a massive planner where me n Shirl for the last two times have just pulled off the road, if we fancied the aire/campsite we stopped, if we didn't like the look of it we moved on.

Are you lot planners or do you just turn up like us.

Last edited by Mangothemadmonk on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cos I'm thick!!!)
Back to top Go down
Greenie

Greenie

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:16 am

Turn up! Although we or should I say me look day before to plan a couple of hours move on. Went to Bordeaux this August just gone, we aimed for it must say was best ever weather we have ever had fancy going down to San Sebastien next time though.

Love that coast but France is so big we should move around a bit!

Greenie n Drew. Frog
Back to top Go down
RichardnGill

RichardnGill

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:11 am

We planned every night the first time we went but now just do as you do Johnny I much prefer just to find somewhere when and where I want to stop.

We have had no bother the last 3 trips and that is in August in the Anncey area, so there is always somewhere to stay.

Rich... bike
Back to top Go down
shellntell

shellntell

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:26 am

We never plan in France and never had a problem just go where the fancy takes. Didn't go this year so are going to try for three weeks next and allso planning the crossing to northern Spain one way and then back from Calais. sunny Generally just use Aires and Municiple sites (being a Yorkshire man cheap)

Terry Thumb up
Back to top Go down
Mangothemadmonk

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:32 am

See, it does work. Its better not planning isn't it? Plans only go to rat shit and then your always playing catch up.

Tell, nowt worse than squandering money bud. Better in our pockets than theirs eh?

I havent done the East side, just been straight down and wandered back up so nthe coast will be nice. Hopefully get some camping on the beach sunny

Has anyone bought an ASCI card or the Passion thingy-ma-bob?

Thanks for the replies but ideas and places youve stopped on the Eastern coast and inland?
Back to top Go down
RichardnGill

RichardnGill

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:00 am

We love the Alps and the likes of lake Annecy.

Rich...

Back to top Go down
PAT4NEIL

PAT4NEIL

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:15 am

Hi Mango

We have used the Asci card several times, and for offpeak stays the prices are great as they also include EHU. In spain we have only used it once.

some peak season begin before 1st July so you would have to check have a look at their web site and see if you have the date the peak rate changes.

French passion, not really worth it, we havent done it but they tend to be out of the way of places and expect that you buy something. Aires are a much better option, some are free some arent.

Have fun, Im a bit of a planner, but like to leave some time open so that we can go on the hoof or if we are away and someones says you must try that then we go with the flow.

two weeks isnt much time. if youre going to northern spain by bilbao and santander the weather is usually okay in June, in may it can still be cold and a bit wetter than southern spain

Pat
Back to top Go down
PAT4NEIL

PAT4NEIL

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 am

not sure about links here go
I was looking at Cantabria near santander crossing at their sites

sorry cant post a link for 7 days

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:35 am

PAT4NEIL wrote:
not sure about links here go
I was looking at Cantabria near santander crossing at their sites

sorry cant post a link for 7 days

Pat email or Pm me the link and i will put it on

Steve
Back to top Go down
Mangothemadmonk

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:38 am

Thanks Pat, got your message on FB. Murky buckets to vous xx
Back to top Go down
shellntell

shellntell

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:59 am

Am getting confused again confused do you mean the East as in Swiss/German/Italion - French border or West as in Atlantic coast of France or even maybe the South as in the Med. coast ? Question

Many years since we have been down that way but quite like the Pyrenees (the south west)

Hope this helps lol! lol! lol!

Terry
Back to top Go down
Mangothemadmonk

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:16 am

shellntell wrote:
Am getting confused again confused do you mean the East as in Swiss/German/Italion - French border or West as in Atlantic coast of France or even maybe the South as in the Med. coast ? Question

No Terry, your now getting confused its me being thick!!

I meant west coast..... Sorry geek geek

Monk
Back to top Go down
shellntell

shellntell

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:21 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
JockandRita

JockandRita

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:30 am

Mangothemadmonk wrote:
Has anyone bought an ASCI card or the Passion thingy-ma-bob?
We tried the France Passion thing Johnny, and weren't very impressed with it at all, so didn't renew.

We always buy the ACSI, as it adds another option to your itineray, especially if you need to catch up with laundry, or one of you isn't up to travelling and needs quality rest, or if there is a problem with the MH that may take a couple or three days to sort out, etc. Great discounts during the qualifying periods, and excellent facilities on many sites. There is a deal on now direct with ACSI, if you sign up to a two year purchase. I can't link it, so you'll have to Google and search

I also buy the Camping Card International for around £5. This negates the need to handover passports at camp sites, as it is accepted as proof of identity, and can be obtained through the CC, C&CC, MCC, (and the RAC.........I think).

HTH,

Jock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012   Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Les Pompiers Voyage en France 2012
Page 1 of 1