Nomadic Motorhomers
Welcome to our site

Please Log In

*****Please note registration is by invite only*****

If you are not a member but have been invited then please register, we will then receive a notification to enable your registration. An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted.
Nomadic Motorhomers
Welcome to our site

Please Log In

*****Please note registration is by invite only*****

If you are not a member but have been invited then please register, we will then receive a notification to enable your registration. An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted.
Nomadic Motorhomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomadic Motorhomers

This is a website for Motorhome and RV owners that like to be happy and contented. It is by invite only. If you feel you would like to join then why not attend one of our meets, where you'll be made very welcome.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the forum for like minded smiling people. You do not have to take an active part in the forum but we would like your input if you are able to help another member in any way *** *** We arrange meets for members you can choose to join in to the current activity/gathering or keep to your self, the choice is yours we appreciate and accept it is your choice, but you will always be made welcome *** *** The Motorhoming website run by it's members for it's members *** *** Hello and welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the website for Motorhome and RV members, a site run by the members for the members *** *** Have a look at our meets section and see if one suits you, we will be glad to see old members and new ***
Meets
Weather

This Weather Widget is provided by the Met Office

Map
Sport
BBC News
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Nomadic Motorhomers on your social bookmarking website
Poll

A Few Ideas

Go down 
+2
shellntell
Greenie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenie

Greenie

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:23 am

Just thinking out loud as we have to book/organise meets in advance so would anyone like to think of any places we would like to visit and how often?

These are just suggestions:

1. Frequency is once a month too much, just right or not enough?

I appreciate not everyone can make every meet but variety is the spice of life ...!

2. Do we want to limit numbers or look at larger places, then there is EHU, facilities etc?

3. We just had a good weekend at Camper UK for Bonfire Night I would like to have our own little patch for next year. Then we can have our own table in the beer tent!

4. I am still hoping for a race meet at Pontefract Racecourse they don't start gain till April so might do one before with no horses! It's got good facilities ie hardstanding, and nearby pub!

Any thoughts?

Greenie. Frog
Back to top Go down
shellntell

shellntell

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:37 am

1. We will go with the flow

2. Variety of all

3.Why not ? (beer tent sounds good)

4. Hardstanding good for wet/colder months (pub close by sounds good to me)

Is there a theme here lol!

Terry

Back to top Go down
RichardnGill

RichardnGill

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:03 am

Pub and hard standing in the winter months seem to work very well. The pub at Hutton Le Hole we have just been to was ok and the place was nice

In the warmer weather not to bothered what, where, when etc...

Rich...
Back to top Go down
orange

orange

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:54 am

Frequency of once a month I think is right for me.

I would like a meet a little further south at least once a year. We have a few members who willingly travel north to see us it would be nice to repay them.
Having said that I don't mean travel 200 miles for a weekend but travel further south than we normally do to help them out.

I also agree with Richard Suspect Hutton le hole was nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://neilhgar@sky.com
Redjumpa

Redjumpa

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:13 am

Once a month sounds good.

The problem with winter meets is we really need access to a pub as it would be too cold to sit in a Nomadic Arms type thingy (my opinion)

The issue then is finding pubs that will take more than 5 vans, I'm sure they are out there but 5 is the norm. I agree Hutton le Hole is a good spot but it is limited to 5 vans. We really need to choose locations where, if a high number of members want to go, they can.

Spring and summer is not a problem except, at this early stage of the club, it could be difficult trying to calculate how many would be attending. I've never organised a full meet but I'm guessing the owners want to now roughly how many people there will be.

Whatever is decided we will be there as often as we can.......can't wait.

This has taken ages to type, my Delete button is not working affraid

Last edited by Redjumpa on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
orange

orange

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:50 am

Redjumpa wrote:

The issue then is finding pubs that will take more than 5 vans, I'm sure they are out there but 5 is the norm. I agree Hutton le Hole is a good spot but it is limited to 5 vans. We really need to choose locations where, if a high number of members want to go, they can.

Graham is right and I thought about this, but whilst Hutton may be a 5 van site (not sure if it is) There is another 5 van site 100yds down the road where for example Richard and four other members (with short straws) could stay.

And yes I know what some of you are thinking re. Richard but it's not my fault the other site is only 100 yards away Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Greenie

Greenie

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:05 am

I have knowledge of a few pubs that can take up to 10 eg. Shepherd's Rest in Todmorden which is ok for some but far for others!

I agree wit hardstanding and a pub in winter personally we can manage a weekend without hook up even when it's really cold.

It would be nice to go to different places than we used to go! We too would like to go further south and further north too.

Both CC and C&CC do THS temporary holiday sites which we could utilise if we are members of them.

We still have our dome do you Neil? We could still use them as The Nomadic Arms (I'll get Drew sign making again).

There are a number of Bank Holidays next year do we want to utilise these or avoid like the plague?

Finally, we were at Fraisethorpe with CC or C&CC last year which was super we could do that again and there is always Southport an old favourite.

So lots of ideas keep em coming!

Greenie.
Back to top Go down
Mangothemadmonk

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:44 am

You all know me and as long as I am not working will try to make the meets no matter what the mileage (within reason lol)

I have a better Southport spot now near Southport where there is fishing and a purpose built cabin to use for beeeeer drinking. But Southport still is a goer as its good for the shops etc

Frequency? Why not plan the dates well in good time then ask who can go and take it from there. It might then be better if only 3 or 4 vans are turning up it could be a "We will be at" rather than a meet? Just a suggestion!

Good choice I think havin Janet looking after the Meet planning. Well done Greenie Thumb up

Monk
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Try to vary the actual week in a month so as not to be say every 4 weeks but vary it so say 3wks then 4wks then 5wks and so on. This will help the members that have a set weekend off every so many weeks (like Jan) as we would like to attend more than 1 Meet next year Thanks

Yes Johhny Jan is an excellent choice for Meet coordinator as Jock will be as well

Back to top Go down
orange

orange

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Greenie wrote:

We still have our dome do you Neil? We could still use them as The Nomadic Arms

Still got my Khyam dome me and Tanky tried to decorate it Merlot red but after three trips to France it's still mainly blue.
We also have a Coleman Event Shelter with sides.

The bank holidays are a good idea as the members we have in far flung posts can come for a more worthwhile three days.

Not sure about joining a C&CC rally. I have done it with a couple of other members before inluding Richard (alias Mr.Brown) and it was good but doubt we would be allowed to erect a Nomadic Arms.
Back to top Go down
Mangothemadmonk

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:29 pm

sandj wrote:
Try to vary the actual week in a month so as not to be say every 4 weeks but vary it so say 3wks then 4wks then 5wks and so on. This will help the members that have a set weekend off every so many weeks

Good idea Stevie. I only get 1 full weekend of every 6 weeks!!

We could do with putting in the members only section the contact details for meets we have been on or places members have been where they have a rally field and think would be a good place for a meet?

Monk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Few Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Ideas   A Few Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomadic Motorhomers :: Meets/Rallies and We will be at :: Meets-
Jump to: