Nomadic Motorhomers
Welcome to our site

Please Log In

*****Please note registration is by invite only*****

If you are not a member but have been invited then please register, we will then receive a notification to enable your registration. An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted.
Nomadic Motorhomers
Welcome to our site

Please Log In

*****Please note registration is by invite only*****

If you are not a member but have been invited then please register, we will then receive a notification to enable your registration. An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted.
Nomadic Motorhomers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nomadic Motorhomers

This is a website for Motorhome and RV owners that like to be happy and contented. It is by invite only. If you feel you would like to join then why not attend one of our meets, where you'll be made very welcome.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*** Welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the forum for like minded smiling people. You do not have to take an active part in the forum but we would like your input if you are able to help another member in any way *** *** We arrange meets for members you can choose to join in to the current activity/gathering or keep to your self, the choice is yours we appreciate and accept it is your choice, but you will always be made welcome *** *** The Motorhoming website run by it's members for it's members *** *** Hello and welcome to Nomadic Motorhomers the website for Motorhome and RV members, a site run by the members for the members *** *** Have a look at our meets section and see if one suits you, we will be glad to see old members and new ***
Meets
Weather

This Weather Widget is provided by the Met Office

Map
Sport
BBC News
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Nomadic Motorhomers on your social bookmarking website
Poll

Sizes of columns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xxxxx

Sizes of columns Empty
PostSubject: Sizes of columns   Sizes of columns I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:45 am

A suggestion. To me, the side columns are too wide making the centre column the main forum area too narrow. Widgets are handy to have but I think they should be narrower. You can also have a portal set up where widgets that need to be wider could be displayed.

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sizes of columns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sizes of columns   Sizes of columns I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks for the suggestions Jez

I have not been ignoring your hints Jez it is just a case of someone else needed to propose you as I had already done enough and had to give someone else a chance.

The widgets on at the sides are 250 which is the smallest for some of them, have a go at the Metoffice one yourself and see (the Metoffice is the most accurate I have found). We are not a big enough group yet to decide what stays and what goes as far as widgets go. They do slow the site down as it gets bigger

I have had a play around with a portal and no doubt will go back to it at some stage.

Are you good at html and scripts etc.?

If you want I can let you have a go at the Meets scrolling script so it relates to the calendar entries if you like? Not putting pressure on you to do it though, let me know

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadicmotorhomers.net
xxxxx

Sizes of columns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sizes of columns   Sizes of columns I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:02 am

I will have a quick look how the forumotion version of the BB software is set up as it has variations between the 4 platforms and I can never remember which version has which features.

AFAIK you can set the calendar up so that it is automatically linked to one forum section. I will have a think and a play on another forum I run.

I also like the Met office Widget and have one st to Manchester and another set to Leeds beside each other on another forum. For that reason I put them on the portal page even though members can change the location them selves.
Back to top Go down
xxxxx

Sizes of columns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sizes of columns   Sizes of columns I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:25 am

Ok,

Ive had a quick look, the easiest way I have found to link the calendar to a folder and also a side widget is to link the pre set news widget to the same file that the rallies are put into and then link the calendar to this file.

Done like this you enter a rally onto the calendar and it will show in the folder as well as the news widget. The only think is this way the calendar can only be used for rallies.

I will think about if there is any other ways to do it tomorrow as my head is done in after a noisy Cub meeting. I will now have a swift malt so any further posts tonight may be a bit incomprehensible.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sizes of columns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sizes of columns   Sizes of columns I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:26 am

Jez

Pm me a link if you do not mind and I will have a look, if you prefer not to then that is fine

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.nomadicmotorhomers.net
Sponsored content

Sizes of columns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sizes of columns   Sizes of columns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sizes of columns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nomadic Motorhomers :: New Items requested-
Jump to: